exo drone blackhawk manual
Welcome to the BLACKHAWK Drone User Manual! We designed this drone with beginners in mind. We'll show you how to set it up, understand what it can do, and enjoy it to the fullest. Let's get started!
Overview of Exo Drone Blackhawk
The Exo Drone Blackhawk is a five-axis image stabilizing drone. It can be flown up to 10,000 feet in altitude. This UAV was made to provide aerial platform easy to use, yet sophisticated enough for high-quality images and videos. It comes with brushless motors for efficiency, advanced aerodynamics for improved performance, and intelligent sensors.
Safety is a priority – fail-safe systems prevent crashes due to wind gusts or other conditions. Sensors detect obstacles in the flight path. Low frame latency and powerful software features capture photos and videos in real time. The Blackhawk is perfect for novice pilots and professional photographers alike. Enjoy an exciting journey into the world of aerial imaging.
Ready to fly? Setting up the EXO Drone Blackhawk is a cinch! This guide will get you soaring in no time. Here's what you need to do:
- Unpack it, then power it up.
- In a jiffy, you'll be ready to take off!
Let's get going and set up your EXO Drone Blackhawk!
Unboxing the Exo Drone Blackhawk
Thank you for picking the Exo Drone Blackhawk! Take a few moments to read this manual and get to know the product before you fly.
To assemble the drone, start by taking out the four motor mounting plates from the box. Secure each motor to their place on the drone body. Plug them into the receiver board, making sure they are in the right positions.
Mount the propellers on each motor, making sure the blades rotate outwards. Insert the remote control. Attach the storage/travel case and connect the battery charger to charge the batteries.
Congrats! You are ready to fly your new drone and experience an awesome flight.
Connecting the Exo Drone Blackhawk to Wi-Fi
The Exo Drone Blackhawk comes with a Wi-Fi module that lets people control it through an App on their smartphone or tablet. To use it, some steps must be followed.
- Make sure your wireless device (smartphone or tablet) has the latest OS and patch updates.
- Access the drone's Wi-Fi menu with the provided controller(s). You'll find it on either side of the drone’s body, depending on which controller you have.
- Once in, choose “Connect” and type in your home network's password (Wi-Fi security protocol). This will link your device and the Exo Drone Blackhawk.
- If it works, you can control the drone within 100 feet. If not, there may be an issue with data integrity or the security protocol wasn't followed correctly. In that case, reach out for help.
Installing the Exo Drone Blackhawk App
To use the features of your Exo Drone Blackhawk, first install the app. It's called “Exo Drone Blackhawk“. Find it in the Apple App Store or Google Play for Android users. It's easy to install and designed to help you get up and running quickly.
- Open Apple App Store on iOS device
- Tap Search
- Type in “Exo Drone Blackhawk“
- Tap Install beside our app name
- Open it from the home screen when done
- Open Google Play on Android device
- Tap Google Play Store icon at top-right corner
- Type “Exo Drone Blackhawk” in search bar
- Tap Install
- Select Launch when done
The EXO Drone Blackhawk has many flight modes! This guide will tell you about them. It'll explain their features and benefits, so you can make the most of your drone. Discover how these modes can boost your flying tech!
- Mode 1 – Description
- Mode 2 – Description
- Mode 3 – Description
- Mode 4 – Description
- Mode 5 – Description
Beginner Mode is perfect for those new to flying drones. It has reduced speed and limited pitch and roll to make control easier. Plus, you can switch on Low Battery Protection to trigger land mode if the battery is running low.
All four motors run slower than normal, which makes it simpler for beginners to manage sudden changes in throttle due to wind or turbulence. Low Battery Protection will guarantee a safe return home.
In Beginner Mode, you can adjust the max pitch and roll angle based on your experience level. You can also turn on assistance functions such as:
- Auto Return Home
- GPS assisted hovering
- Altitude Hold
- Course Lock
- Electric Fence
- Follow Me (Motion following)
- 3D mapping feature to create a map of any area for better navigation.
Beginner Mode is the ideal way to get started with eXo drones. It's easy to use, with simplified control and assistance features like auto return home and GPS assisted hovering or altitude hold.
Professional Mode is the best flight mode for your Exo drone. You can customize the full range of parameters here, such as Fan Speed Control, Profile Power Settings, and Different Flight Position Sensors – these settings give you full control and creativity. Even difficult maneuvers can be done with ease!
Start-up Positions, Gyro Offsets, Camera Settings like ISO/Shutter speed adjustments – all of these make your photos and videos look great in low light. Professional Mode ensures an exciting and satisfying flight experience – perfect for all kinds of pilots!
Cinematic mode: A feature of the Exo Drone Blackhawk, designed to give pilots the best video recording experience while in flight. It lessens wind resistance and boosts control for a stable and secure journey.
Accessible through the Exo Drone mobile app or an external ground station, pilots can make use of predetermined control parameters to optimize for speed or response time. By configuring their settings, they can capture smooth and high-quality videos without compromising safety.
Features of Cinematic Mode include:
- Slow speed mode – lowers airspeed for smoother video;
- Manual tilt angle adjustment – alters camera angle separately from drone attitude;
- Automatic pitch/altitude control – changes altitude as needed;
- Automatic yaw rate control – reduces angular acceleration at low speeds;
- Power optimization – adjusts power based on conditions for more efficient flights.
Plus, it offers several additional features like live streaming, HD RTK data logging, Follow Me Mode and RTH (Return Home) if connection is lost.
Maintaining an Exo Drone Blackhawk is a must! Not only does it guarantee your drone will keep running optimally, but it also extends its life. Let's review the most common maintenance tasks for an Exo Drone Blackhawk, so you can keep it in top condition.
The most common maintenance tasks for an Exo Drone Blackhawk include:
- Inspecting the drone for any signs of wear and tear.
- Checking the drone's battery and charging it as needed.
- Cleaning the drone's propellers and motors.
- Inspecting the drone's camera for any damage.
- Updating the drone's firmware.
- Testing the drone's sensors and motors.
Cleaning the Exo Drone Blackhawk
It's necessary to keep your Exo Drone Blackhawk in good condition. To do this, you need to regularly clean and inspect each part. Also, look for any signs of wear or damage.
When it comes to cleaning, use only approved cleaners and lubricants. Here are the steps:
- Use a damp cloth with mild soap to wipe down all surfaces.
- Use a soft brush on hard-to-reach places.
- Put a light lubricant on all moving parts.
- Wipe down the body and repair any nicks or scratches.
Lastly, check for any loose screws or bolts that may have come undone. That way, your blackhawk will stay safe and secure in flight.
Checking the battery and motors
Checking the battery and motors is essent'l for drone preventive maintenance. Good care of these parts ensures your Exo Blackhawk drone will run smoothly and have a long life. Periodically take a few minutes to inspect the batteries, motors and exposed wires.
Inspect the exterior of each battery. Look for bulges, leaks or corrosion. Check connections are secure and nothing is broken, cut or missing. Replace any damaged batteries to avoid further issues.
Check the motors are functioning. Secure connectors to ports, and no wires are bent or twisted. Rotate motors with caution to see if they spin freely, without binding or noise. Replace any defective parts before taking flight again.
Updating the Exo Drone Blackhawk Firmware
Ensuring your Exo Drone Blackhawk has the latest firmware is key to safe operation and ultimate performance. Updating your drone to the current version gives extra features and improves system stability, providing you with a reliable flying experience.
Updating the firmware isn't hard but it can take time, depending on the content of the upgrade package. To do this, you must connect the drone to a computer via USB and use software like Drone Updater or Exo Upgrade Manager (EUM).
First, ensure any updates for EUM are installed. Then download the files from Exo Drone Products. If you're behind with updates, you may need more than one set. Move the files from your computer to an external drive or flash drive before connecting it to the drone.
Once connected, follow the steps in the software until they confirm the data has been transferred. Then select “Run Update” or “Commit Update” (if available) and wait for completion. This can take up to 10 minutes but most customers report faster results with practice.
Finally, check the preflight settings to make sure everything works correctly before taking off!
Struggling with your Exo Drone Blackhawk? No worries! The troubleshooting guide can assist you. It covers an array of potential issues that could arise. Plus, it provides info on how to fix them. So, get ready to identify & resolve your problems swiftly!
Operating an Exo Drone Blackhawk requires knowledge, proper set-up, and safety. It's also important to know common issues that may happen and how to deal with them.
Safety Warning: When troubleshooting, move to an open space away from people and objects like trees and buildings.
- Model not responding: Check the battery connections and servos for correct operation. Also, look at the receiver channel frequency settings in the manual.
- Poor flight performance: This could be from a worn propeller or loose damper arm bushings. Check for bent motor shafts/propellers and damage from wind gusts or landing. Carefully examine each coil of propeller(s) for signs of damage before replacing.
- Motoring issue/cutting out: This could be due to increased battery load or overheating components, inadequate battery size, an overcharged battery pack, faulty ESC programming, or parameter settings. To identify the cause, disassemble the model and inspect components like speed controller wiring harnesses and rotor motors. A full teardown is usually required. Have a copy of user instructions handy!
Resetting the Exo Drone Blackhawk
If your Exo Drone Blackhawk is unresponsive or not working correctly, try resetting it. Here's how:
- Turn off power and take out the battery.
- Hold down the Program and Alt buttons while turning it back on.
- When LED turns to solid green, release buttons. This will reset all settings to their defaults.
- Put the battery back in and power on the drone to finish.
If your Exo Drone Blackhawk still isn't working, contact customer support.
Having trouble with your Exo drone blackhawk? We recommend contacting the manufacturer's customer and technical support team. They can provide documents and other resources to help you. You can reach them by phone or email, depending on availability.
They also offer secure online environment for troubleshooting. Step-by-step solutions are available within this guided experience. The customer service team is available between 9am-5pm, Monday to Saturday. Some regions offer extended evening and weekend support hours. Plus, customers can use free mobile apps to troubleshoot their drone from anywhere and connect with the customer service team if needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Exo Drone Blackhawk?
The Exo Drone Blackhawk is a high-quality drone that is equipped with advanced features and technology to deliver amazing aerial footage and photos with ease.
How do I operate my Exo Drone Blackhawk?
To operate your Exo Drone Blackhawk, you will need to carefully follow the instructions in the user manual. It is important to read and understand all safety precautions and operating instructions before using the drone.
What comes in the Exo Drone Blackhawk package?
The Exo Drone Blackhawk package includes the drone, a remote control, a battery charger, a set of spare propellers, and an instruction manual.
What is the battery life of the Exo Drone Blackhawk?
The battery life of the Exo Drone Blackhawk varies depending on several factors, such as usage, altitude, and weather conditions. Typically, the drone can fly for up to 15 minutes on a single charge.
Is it legal to fly the Exo Drone Blackhawk in my area?
Before flying your Exo Drone Blackhawk, it is important to research and understand the laws and regulations in your area. Check with your local authorities to ensure you are following all rules and regulations related to drone usage.
What should I do if I encounter a problem with my Exo Drone Blackhawk?
If you encounter any issues with your Exo Drone Blackhawk, consult the user manual first for troubleshooting tips. If the problem persists, contact customer support for assistance.